The Menifee Police Department’s Traffic Unit is comprised of 1 Sergeant, 2 Motor Officers and 1 Community Service Officer. Our focus is the enforcement of traffic laws, education of drivers, pedestrians and community members, and assisting the City of Menifee Engineering Department with traffic related suggestions and input. Our goals are to reduce the number of traffic collisions within the city and to improve the quality of life for our residents and those who commute through the City of Menifee.
- Enforcement of traffic laws
- DUI enforcement (including DUI checkpoints)
- Investigation of traffic collisions
- Parking enforcement
- Special Events
- Addressing traffic concerns from citizens
The Menifee Police Department Traffic Unit is dedicated to the safety of our community through partnerships with citizens and businesses. We will participate in many community events to promote traffic safety, including:
- Driver education at high schools
- DUI deterrence at high schools
- Bicycle rodeos (teaching bicycle safety)
- Special events
Submitting a Traffic Concern
- For an emergency, please dial 9-1-1.
- To submit a non-emergency traffic related concern, please call our traffic tip line at (951) 723-1690. · Still have questions? Email Sgt. Bloch - email@example.com
Traffic Safety Tips
- Do not drink and drive.
- Driving under the influence can result in yourself or someone else suffering a severe injury or death.
- Many ride-sharing companies can get you safely to your destination.
- Slow down and obey the speed limit.
- Many collisions are caused due to the operator of a vehicle driving at speeds unsafe for the current road conditions.
- Seatbelts save lives.
- Modern technology has enhanced the way seatbelts operate and will lessen the severity of injuries in a collision.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ'S)
Collision reports can take time to become available to the public, we recommend contacting our Records Unit at (951) 723-1500 to see if your report is ready for pick up.
If there is an emergency, please dial 9-1-1.
If there is no emergency, you can call the non-emergency number (951) 677-4964.
Depending on the reason for the vehicle being towed, you can contact the records department at (951) 723-1500 to request a vehicle release. To obtain a vehicle release, you must be the current registered owner on file with the Department of Motor Vehicles. Lienholders must be shown on the DMV record at the time of the vehicle’s impound or storage. The registered owner and a licensed driver must be present to process the release.
After receiving the release paperwork from the Police Department, you must then go to the tow yard that has possession of your vehicle. There, you need to pay the fees associated with the towing and storage of your vehicle. These fees are separate from the release fees paid at the Police Department.
If the vehicle was impounded for 30 days, you can request a validity hearing through our records department.
Menifee Police Officers can sign off your correctable citations that are issued either by our department, or by another agency.
To have your citation signed off, you can come to the Menifee Police Department front desk and request a citation sign off. There will be a fee of $20 assessed for any citation sign-off. For questions, please call (951) 723-1500.