The Menifee Police Department website is provided as a public service. The Department attempts to maintain the highest level of accuracy regarding the content presented on this website; except for documents required to be posted on the website. The city does not promise, claim, warrant, or guarantee that information provided on this website is complete, accurate, valid, timely, or adequate.
Communications provided to the Menifee Police Department through this website shall not be considered secure, confidential, nor legal notice to the Department for any purpose.
The Department's website may contain links and references to other outside websites not a part of this website. These outside websites are not maintained by the Menifee Police Department and the Department does not confirm, nor endorse the content or information provided on these websites.
The user assumes all risk of harm or loss from the use of this website.
The Menifee Police Department respects the privacy of users visiting our website. If you visit our website we may collect information from you such as your IP address, type of website browser, type of operating system, or referring URL. This information is collected anonymously, is not shared with others, and is used exclusively for the development and further improvement of our website.
If you submit information through our website your information may be added to a database for use by the Menifee Police Department only. Such information is considered public and subject to release under the CAPRA or as otherwise legally required.
Social Media Policy
Comments posted to the Menifee Police Department social media platforms will be monitored and inappropriate content will be removed as soon as possible and without prior notice. Under the City of Menifee Social Media Use Police, Standards and Procedure, The City reserves the right to remove inappropriate content, including, but not limited to:
• Comments must be related to the posted topic for the City’s social media page or post.
• Obscene language or sexual content.
• Content that threatens or defames any person or organization.
• Content that incites violence or references killing anyone.
• Content that reveals police tactics or that could compromise officer safety.
• Contact that reveals victim information.
• Contact that violates the legal ownership interest of another party.
• Content that promotes illegal activity.
• Content that is repetitive or duplicative.
• Content that promotes commercial services or products.
• Comments that promote, foster, or perpetrates discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, martial status, national origin, or actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability, as well as any other category protected by Federal, State, or Local Law.
• Comments that violate the protected privacy interests of any person.
• Comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office or ballot issue.
The City disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for any material that the City deems inappropriate for posting, which cannot be removed in an expeditious manner and otherwise timely manner. Before posting on our page, please review the following:
• DIAL 911 to report an emergency.
• Do not use this page to report a crime.
• This page is not continually monitored by employees of the Menifee Police Department. It is monitored as time allows by members of the Department’s Public Information Officer Team.
• Positing information related to a crime on this page is not deemed anonymous. You may be contacted by an employee of the Menifee Police Department if you are a witness to a crime.
• Any use of the “like” feature between the Menifee Police Department and a private person does not indicate endorsement of that person’s actions or comments.
If you have questions regarding this policy please contact us.