Violation Topics

The following is a list of some of the most common issues Code Enforcement deal with on a regular basis.

Property Maintenance - Property is to be kept free from any conditions which would cause the property to become unsightly, including of any accumulation of garbage, litter or debris which include:

* Landscape trimmings

* Grass/weeds that exceeds six inches high

* Overgrown vegetation

* Construction materials

* Old furniture, furniture parts

* Abandoned/neglected equipment

* Auto parts/scrap metal

* Household fixtures/appliances

These items must be stored away from public view and/or removed from the property.

Illegal Dumping - Illegal dumping of any waste, trash, junk or debris in any unauthorized area is prohibited in the City of Menifee. Illegal dumping is commonly found in uninhabited areas such as vacant lots, along roadways and at construction sites.

Campers & Recreational Vehicles - Camper and any other recreational vehicle must be stored off of the street in an area designated on your property for vehicle storage. This may include any area that is an improved surface, such as your driveway. Campers and any recreational vehicles may be temporarily stored on the street in front of the occupants' house for no longer than 48 hours at a time for loading and off-loading purposes only.

Green Pools - Pools and bodies of water need to be maintained in a healthy and usable condition. Free of stagnant water or conditions that promote insect infestation or deterioration.

Fences - Unless otherwise prohibited, you can install a fence not exceeding 6 feet in height, using common fencing materials (chain link, wire or wood) without a building permit. Block walls/retaining walls REQUIRE A PERMIT.

Building Code - Any owner, authorized agent, or contractor who desires to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure must submit an application and obtain the required permit for the work. A permit is also required to erect, install, enlarge, alter, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system.