POLICE EXPLORER PROGRAM
- The primary purpose of the Police Explorer program is to provide young adults, ages 14-20, with an interest in a law enforcement career with some hands-on experience in the field.
- This program allows Explorers to participate in law enforcement training exercises, physical fitness activities, patrol ride alongs, competition events, community-oriented events and other related duties as needed.
- Additionally, the program promotes personal growth through character development, responsibility, respect for the rule of law, physical fitness, teamwork, good citizenship and patriotism.
- The primary goals of the program are to help young adults choose a career path within law enforcement and to challenge them to become responsible citizens of their communities and the nation.
- How will this program benefit young adults?
- Exposure to various law enforcement careers and to have positive interaction with law enforcement professionals.
- Interpersonal growth through:
- Challenging experiences
- High standards of performances
- Personal conduct
- Enhances character development and improved physical and mental fitness.
- AGES BETWEEN 14-20
- LIVES WITHIN THE CITY OF MENIFEE or
- ATTENDS A MENIFEE SCHOOL or
- CHILDREN OF CITY OF MENIFEE EMPLOYEES
- GPA 2.0
- GOOD MORAL CHARACTER
- PASS AN ORAL INTERVIEW AND BACKGROUND CHECK
- SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE 8 WEEK RECRUITMENT PROGRAM (PARAMILITARY) AND 6 MONTH PROBATIONARY PERIOD
- DEDICATE A MINIMUM OF 6 HOURS A MONTH
- ATTEND A POLICE EXPLORER ACADEMY WITHIN THE 1ST YEAR OF APPOINTMENT
8 WEEK RECRUITMENT PROGRAM
- WILL BE BI-WEEKLY FOR 8 WEEKS
- MEETINGS WILL BE THURSDAYS FROM 1800-2100 HOURS
- RADIO CODES TEST
- POLICE CODES TEST
- PHYSCIAL AGILITY TEST, PUSHUPS, SITUPS, 1-MILE RUN
- BASIC POLICE TRAINING COURSES
POLICE EXPLORER ACTIVITIES
- POLICE EXPLORERS WILL MEET THE 2ND AND 4TH THURSDAYS OF EACH MONTH (EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS)
- BASIC POLICE PROCEDURES
- PARTICIPATE IN SCENARIOS
- ASSIST IN POLICE TRAINING
- WILL ASSIST IN COMMUNITY EVENTS
- NATIONAL NIGHT OUT
- DUI/CDL CHECK POINTS
- INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION
- SHOP WITH A COP
- MENIFEE BETTER TOGETHER EVENTS
If you have any further questions, please contact Lieutenant Valle or Sergeant Higgins via email at:
If you are interested in participating, or interested in your child participating in our program, please join us for an orientation meeting on one of the following dates:
April 20, 2022, from 6pm-7pm
Hans Christensen Middle School 27625 Sherman Rd Menifee, CA 92586
April 22, 2022, from 6pm-7pm
Bell Mountain Middle School 28525 La Piedra Rd Menifee, CA 92584
April 25, 2022, from 6pm-7pm
Menifee Valley Middle School—26255 Garbani Rd Menifee, CA 92584
April 27, 2002, 6pm-7pm
Quail Valley Elementary School—23757 Canyon Heights Dr Menifee, CA 92587
(A parent orientation meeting is mandatory for participation in our program)